Not Quite Ready for a Surgical Facelift? Consider Alternative Options
If you are frustrated by facial aging but don’t feel quite ready for cosmetic surgery – or simply prefer a less invasive approach to anti-aging – you’re not alone. Many men and women, regardless of their age, turn to noninvasive and/or nonsurgical facial rejuvenation treatments to restore a more youthful appearance without the cost, inconvenience, and downtime associated with invasive surgery. At Body Werks Chicago, our expert team of aesthetic providers offers a comprehensive range of nonsurgical and minimally invasive treatments to help Chicago, IL patients love their look without having to go under the knife. Keep reading to learn more about nonsurgical options for facial and skin rejuvenation and find out which treatment may be right for you.
How can I look younger without surgery?
There are many reasons why a person may be unable or unwilling to undergo invasive plastic surgery, including financial restrictions, work obligations, underlying health conditions, and personal preferences. For patients who are not interested in (or do not qualify for) cosmetic surgery, there are still plenty of ways to fight the signs of facial aging and restore a more youthful look. At Body Werks Chicago, we are proud to provide the following nonsurgical treatments to help patients achieve smoother, firmer, younger-looking skin:
- Facials: With a professional facial that is completely customized, patients can address a wide variety of skin concerns and improve the health and appearance of their complexion.
- Dermaplaning: This completely noninvasive treatment helps to remove dead skin cells, debris, and hair more gently than many other options.
- Chemical peels: Lines, wrinkles, acne scars, sun damage, and many other skin concerns can be improved with a chemical peel. Depending on the severity of your concerns, comfort level, and available downtime, our providers may recommend a light, medium, or deep chemical peel.
- Microneedling: During a minimally invasive microneedling treatment, tiny punctures are made on the skin’s surface. This process encourages skin cells to regenerate and triggers the production of collagen and elastin, leaving patients with noticeably firmer, clearer, healthier, and more youthful-looking skin.
How long does nonsurgical facial rejuvenation last?
The longevity of your results will depend on several factors, including your degree of facial aging or skin damage, which treatment was performed, how often you receive treatments, your at-home behaviors and skin care routines, and others. To achieve the most consistent results possible, patients typically schedule regular in-office treatments at the recommended intervals. More extensive treatments – like deep chemical peels – may be appropriate once a year, while gentler treatments – like facials and dermaplaning – can be performed as often as once or twice per month. In addition to consistent treatments, patients can keep their skin looking its best using these at-home tips:
- Avoid sun exposure
- Wear sunscreen
- Do not smoke
- Drink plenty of water
- Limit use of harsh exfoliants
- Keep the skin moisturized
- Use skin care products and serums as recommended
Delay the need for cosmetic surgery with nonsurgical skin rejuvenation in Chicago, IL
Whether you feel like you’re too young for cosmetic surgery or simply prefer not to go under the knife, you can still restore a more youthful look with our nonsurgical and minimally invasive treatment options. To learn more about these popular services and how they can help you turn back the clock, call Body Werks Chicago to schedule your private consultation today.